To renew your membership please click here
PART 1 – REGISTRATION AND PAYMENTS (NEW USERS)
STEP 1 – ACCESSING WESTADI SYSTEM
WESTADI system is accessible on the NSSF website – https://www.nssf.or.tz, under SCHEMES -> WESTADI or from MEMBER AREA.
STEP 2 – HOW TO REGISTER WITH WESTADI
- From the WESTADI Member Menu on the right, select Registration / Renewal
- Once you click on the above link, you get a form that requires you to fill in the details below
- Membership Type: Currently accepts all defaults under this section
- New Users – Continue from step b)
- Existing User? Please Login: Enter your existing account details. These are existing WESTADI users as well all those that have at anytime registered on the NSSF website. This maybe for any of the many services that NSSF offers including – Online statements, Complaints Posting and Tracking, Events Registration, etc
- Additional Information: Select your preference i.e. Repatriation to Tanzania or Burial in Diaspora country
- Billing Information: Enter all details
- Payment: Here you have 2 options as follows:
- Pay Offline - Please follow the steps outlined in STEP 3A below.
- Credit Card - Please follow the steps outlined in STEP 3B below
- A confirmation pop-up box will appear, click on Proceed
- A page will appear saying Successful Activation.
- An email will be sent to your account with an activation link.
- Access your email and click on the activation link.
STEP 3A – MAKING PAYMENT - OFFLINE
Once the above is done, you will receive an email with your order details and details of the bank where you are supposed to make the necessary payments.
Make the payment through wire transfer to the bank details given making sure you include your full name AND username (VERY IMPORTANT) in the transfer form under message to beneficiary.
Once your payments are received by NSSF, your account will be approved and activated.
Once this is done, you will receive another email informing you that your account has been activated.
STEP 3B – MAKING PAYMENT - CREDIT CARD
We have contracted a credit card company - 4PAY to process all credit card transations on our behalf. If you select to pay via credit card, then enter your details including credit card details correctly, then click on SUBSCRIBE. Once you do that a confirmation pop-up window will appear, click on Proceed. If your transaction goes through, your account will be automatically created / activated and you will receive your receipt by email.
PART 2 – REGISTRATION OF DEPENDANTS AND NEXT OF KIN
STEP 4 – REGISTERING DEPENDANTS
- Once your account is activated, when you login, you will see more menu items in WESTADI Menu.
- Select Add Dependants
- Enter your dependant details
- Up to a maximum of 4 dependants are allowed.
- Once a dependant is entered, you will be able to see his/her details on the top grid along with his/her allotted PIN number, you will also receive an email with the dependant details and PIN.
- You need to give this PIN number to your dependant for presentation to the nearest NSSF office.
STEP 5 – DEPENDANTS NEED TO GO TO THE NEAREST NSSF OFFICE
- The dependant needs to go to the nearest NSSF office with the PIN number they have received from you along with ID such as (Voters card, Bank card, employee card etc) and 3 passport size photographs.
- At NSSF office they will need to fill a WESTADI Dependant form indicating among others their hospital preference.
- Once the above is completed, NSSF will start processing their Health Benefit card, which will have the member name, dependant name, dependant’s picture, start and end date.
- After the card is prepared, the dependant or their guardian will be informed through the nearest NSSF office so that it can be collected.
- Once the card is issued, the dependant’s status on the system will be changed to active and you will receive an email to this effect
- At NSSF's discretion, dependants maybe given a temporary pass to start receiving treatment while the card is being processed (in cases where the card maybe delayed due to one reason or another)
- The dependant can then access health services at the designated hospital.
STEP 6 – CHANGING DEPENDANTS (ONLY ACTIVE DEPENDANTS CAN BE CHANGED)
- Member can change any active dependant after logging in.
- Once logged in, select Request Change of Dependant.
- All active dependants will be listed on the top grid.
- Select the dependant that you need to change. Dependants that can be changed will have an active link on the side with the caption – change. Click on that active link.
- Details of that dependant will be displayed on the bottom grid.
- Write down the reason for change
- Change the status to Request Change and submit.
STEP 7 – REGISTERING NEXT OF KIN
- Since next of kin will need to login to lodge any claim, he/she must be registered as a NSSF website user.
- If next of kin is not yet registered as a NSSF website user then he she MUST register first or the member can register the next of kin on their behalf.
- To register with NSSF website, make sure you are logged out, then click on the login button on the right hand side and select create account.
- Like all NSSF website users, on registration the next of kin will receive an email with an activation link, the next of kin must click on the link in order for the account to be active.
- Once the above is done, the member can register that person as his/her next of kin. The following details are required:
- Next of Kin username (from 1-3 above)
- Full address of Next of Kin. Make sure you enter his/her full address.
- Telephone Numbers, please make sure you put all available tel numbers.
- Once a next of kin is entered, you will be able to see his/her details on the top grid along with his/her allotted PIN number, you will also receive an email with the next of kin details and PIN.
- You have to give this PIN number to the next of kin for future use.
- The next of kin MUST safely store his/her username/password (as registered on NSSF website as detailed in step 3 above) and PIN number. These details will be required when lodging any claim.
STEP 9 – CHANGING NEXT OF KIN (Only active next of kin can changed)
- To change next of kin; member should login in the WESTADI LINK.
- Once logged in, click on Request Change of Next of Kin
- All next of kin that have been registered will be listed on the top grid.
- Select the next of kin that you want to change. Next of kin who are active will have a change link displayed on the side. Click on that link.
- Details of the selected next of kin will be displayed in the bottom grid.
- In the status change to Request Change
- Write the reason for change and submit.
PART 3 – LODGING CLAIMS
STEP 10 – LODGING A CLAIM (FOR NEXT OF KIN)
- Next of Kin must login with his/her username and password.
- Click on Claims
- Next of kin will have to enter his/her PIN number (which was given to him/her by the member).
- Details of the member, whose next of kin you are, will be displayed on the bottom grid.
- Enter date of death of the member.
- Attach a verified and scanned copy of the member’s death certificate
- Select your preference i.e. Repatriation to Tanzania or Burial in respective Diaspora Country
- Enter any comments.
- If the preference is Repatriation to Tanzania, then you will now be given a chance to enter details of accompanying person.
- For click on – Add accompanying person details.
- Then fill in the following details for the accompanying person:
- Full Address
- All Tel Numbers
- Passport Number
- Attach a Copy of passport
- Once these details are filled and submitted, NSSF will process the claims and once approved will inform the next of kin on the next steps.
PART 4 – RENEWING MEMBERSHIP
To renew membership, select Registration / Renewal from the WESTADI Member Menu on the right and follow the same steps as in STEP 2 above except, under - Existing User? Please Login: login with your username and password.